View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 03:15 PM   #959 (permalink)
Vicster
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 Nissan 370Z
Vicster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmhenderson View Post
You can't get into Old Hickory unless you're staying at the Gaylord iirc. Yelp also almost universally hates it (overpriced etc).

I ate at a really fantastic mexican joint overlooking the water there where they make your guacamole at the table. Also pricey but the food was amazing.
As far as Old Hickory, you definitely don't need to be staying at the Gaylord to get a reservation. My family and I have been three or four times and hadn't been staying in the hotel.

The Mexican you are talking about is Rosa Mexicano; I just ate there again last weekend. Place is fantastic. I've been there more times than I can remember.

When it comes to overpriced food, it's all in the eye of the beholder IMHO. I think if you take someone that is used to eating at places like Chilis and what not (not hating at all cause I love me some Chilis) they're almost always going to say that the higher class restaurants are overpriced. I mean, I remember when I used to say Chic-fil-a was overpriced. And to be honest, it is a bit expensive for fast food (outside of breakfast, which is well priced). But you know what, **** is awesome. So, slightly expensive, sure, but overpriced, give me a chicken sandwhich that tastes as good and is less expensive and we'll see.

Yao mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwest2300 View Post
Very nice recommendations Chris, I have never eatten at the Texas Roadhouse, I've seen them around though.. I gotta check it out.
Dude, definitely check it out. Think I like about Texas is that it is honestly under-priced. Sure, they are not fancy steakhouse. They may not have the absolute best steak you will ever eat, etc. etc. But they are an amazing value! I mean... three people...full to the point of explosion...on like 60 bones before tip. AND you walk out with left overs! Oh, and it may sound sacrilegious, but I think I like their bloomin' onion better than OBSH....

'13 Z34 Touring Sport | ARK GRiP CBE | Stillen G3 CAI | AAM HFC | UpRev | 20mm Z1 Spacers | StopTech Drilled/Slotted Rotors | StopTech SS Lines
Vicster is offline   Reply With Quote