View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 09:07 PM   #8678 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMan8 View Post
Good news, struts are fixed and the top part is aligned fine now. The owner of the shop even admitted they were definitely off.

I put everything back together and tightened by hand for now. Torquing down tomorrow. I think I read that the Sway bars need to be torqued with all 4 wheels on the ground, can anybody confirm?
sounds good, mr.zman!

you can do the swaybars in pairs, and not a requirement for the swaybars to have the vehicle load, but it is said to be better to tighten down with your car's weight so that everything is in working position when you torque to spec.

same goes your suspension, but you can do that a corner at a time. just put a hydraulic under your knuckle or spring carrier, raise it up a little to load it, and torque everything down to spec.

GL!