View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 05:54 PM   #78 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by danelonson View Post
Today just for fun I did the washer mod just to hear it. I think it sounds pretty good and didn't feel any loss in power. I'm reluctant to remove it now because I like how it sounds. I'm still concerned with heat damaging components around the exhaust. Does anyone think that it will cause any damage? Should I leave it or bring it back to stock?
There are some suspension bushings nearby that may be susceptible to long-term damage and there is some wiring above and to the left of the left flange that looks like it could definitely be a problem. I did mine several days back, using only one washer, and can already notice some softening/smoothing of the corrugated tubing that encases the wiring. I'll be putting mine back to stock while my muffler guy and I try to figure out how to get more engine/exhaust noise into the cabin without waking the neighbors or breaking the bank.

If you want to keep the washers, adding some insulation to the wiring would probably work very well. Just about anything made for under-the-hood use should do the trick.