View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 08:29 PM   #7873 (permalink)
ZMan8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 10 370z 40th M6
ZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
Did you mark your hat before you took it off the car?

The orientation is important
The springs were swapped by a local shop. I don't have a vise and $25 at a local shop
is cheaper than buying vise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaleForce View Post
They have machines that do it at the factory. Also Mike the powdercoater has recommended it, and I did it on my own vehicles without undue stress on the struts.

The alternative is to remove them and redo the strut/spring install off the vehicle.

Edit- Do you have the top hat located in the proper location in relation to the strut tower? It's just the bottom of the strut that is out, I assume?
I assume I need to have it redone. If the top hat Is in proper location the bottom is out and vice versa

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2