View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 11:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Nikon FM
Track Member

Drives: 03 996TT Porsche
Nikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Looks Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPAuto View Post
This thread will be dedicated to all aftermarket exhausts available for the new Z34. If there is a particular product that I believe has a significant WOW factor, then I will be dedicating a whole new thread to that product as well. I will be trying to focus on products that either have not been introduced to the community yet; or at least shed a little light on products that have not received a lot of exposure here at the370Z.com.

The first exhaust that I would like to focus on is from a company called MCR. This is an amazing exhaust that deserves to be the first product posted on this thread. Many enthusiasts, especially Nissan owners, have at least heard of MCR.

MCR is a relatively small company that has won a few awards in the past; one example is during Touge runs on Best Motoring International DVDs with their famous R34, and they are always looking to push the envelope in order to see what can and what cannot be done.

For this particular exhaust, MCR sourced the services of Nippon Steel; Nippon Steel is the company that fabricates the exhausts for Amuse/Ericsson, Tracy Sports, and a few other reputable companies.

The Front pipe portion is fabricated from SUS304 stainless steel; the rear section is full titanium. This exhaust saves 13.4kg (29.54 lbs.) in weight. Obviously an exhaust of this quality will be providing significant power gains, how much exactly I am not sure at the moment. The exhaust is fabricated with the main piping diameter being 60mm then flowing into two 115mm tips (double tube finishing).

I hope you enjoy.

-Hunter

Please post up the comparitive dynos between the OEM and this system as soon as you are able.

Thanks!

Buddy Revell: "One man's sooner is another man's later"
Nikon FM is offline   Reply With Quote