View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 05:38 PM   #4261 (permalink)
onzedge
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 240Z
onzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b15 View Post
Added some sound deadening to the hatch and doors. I used Raammat BXT II and Ensolite foam over everything. I ordered too much of both so I was able to double up on most places and triple up on the really "hollow" areas. This car had NOTHING from the factory.
Before:

Installing BXT II

Ensolite on top of the BXT II

No pictures, but the doors are covered the same way. I actually went a little overboard on the doors and had to cut some back out so the panels would clip back on.

I know it's not the prettiest install, but it was my first time doing any type of sound deadening work. Overall the cabin/road noise is exactly where I want it. I took it for a drive on concrete roads and the "hollowness" in the back and much of the road noise was muffled vs before. Cruising at highway speeds is much better, the cabin just has muffled tire noise. It was pretty tedious cutting and sticking, but it was worth it. If I had to do it over again I would taken more time and laid it a little neater, but it's covered up anyhow so no one knows....but me