View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 06:24 PM   #59 (permalink)
Blown32
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z Blk sport 6T
Blown32 is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannibul View Post
I didn't see how it was racist. I think some people on this forum are more racist-sensative than the people who COULD take offense who are members of this board due to it being potentially directed at their race...

I mean, the guy down at the gas station wears a turbin. I'm sure in some neighborhoods/areas, it may appear that a person wearing a turbin is on every corner pedaling crap that no one should consider buying. So, there could be truth to what he's saying.

On the flip side,
How is the comment of "americans are easy" (to rip off) - not a racist comment?

I'm an american, and actually, I found that a bit more offensive than anything else in that post. Just pointing out an obvious double-standard and hypocrasy.

All the political-correctness should be left to the politicians. Words are words, it's the tone of use that makes them hurt, not their use.

...just saying.
As for you being offended about the "americans are easy"?C mon guy lets get serious here.I'am american as it gets.I'am a decorated vet with a purple heart and fought for my country so does it get any more american than that?I havent made the smartest moves in life nor have I made the best purchases so I'am probably guilty of being easy at times also so perhaps you should lighten up some.
All I meant we as americans are easy because we do for the most part spend,spend and spend.Thats why many come here and make good money off us.
I thought we were on here to help each other out and have fun possibly making friends also.Non of us are the smartest but together we try to help out if we can and have fun at the same time.
If there was ever a situation of "case sensitive"some here fit the bill.
With that said there was no intention to offend anyone on here.
So I'am going to take my Z out for a blast and clear my head some and you all have a good day!