View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 09:55 PM   #5555 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmhenderson View Post
So I wander into the chili cookoff and there's a FR-S with pretty nice looking powdered red/black wheels sitting at the entrance with the hood up.

I go take a look and there's a guy standing there who I assumed was the salesman. I say "hey this looks bone stock other than the wheels, what are you showcasing". Guy says, "Just the car, It's a great car". No mods other than the wheels. It's a top-notch sportscar.

I said, "Well I mean, it's a nice car but it's not really a sportscar. I mean, I'd put it in the same category as the old CR-X or a miata but it's not really a performance car" and the guy just walked away without a word.

It was the owner, not a sales guy. Now I feel bad.
He said "sports car", not "performance car". And he is certainly correct, it fits most everyone's definition of a proper sports car: light weight, rear wheel drive, and able to procure with a manual transmission. The Miata is practically the gold standard in minimalist sports cars.

So by all rights, if you said the FR-S wasn't a "sports car", then I'd have walked away, too.