View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #716 (permalink)
aniceh
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 GM 7AT S/T
aniceh has a reputation beyond reputeaniceh has a reputation beyond reputeaniceh has a reputation beyond reputeaniceh has a reputation beyond reputeaniceh has a reputation beyond reputeaniceh has a reputation beyond reputeaniceh has a reputation beyond reputeaniceh has a reputation beyond reputeaniceh has a reputation beyond reputeaniceh has a reputation beyond reputeaniceh has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
Driving a car fast is an extremely unforgiving art. Professionals make it look so easy, but the level they are performing at is the equivalent of a jogger versus an Olympic runner. The absolute worst place to find the limit is on the street - you're thinking a bit backwards as far as being "comfortable" in your car. It's the opposite: you go out with a professional to learn your own car, and then on the STREET you will be more comfortable.

So, my recommendation? Try a little AutoX or two. Then move up to HPDE.
Trust me, I know it's a technical skill that takes practice to master. I make no such mistake of thinking that it's as easy as the pros can make it look. The main problem that I've run into is that there are differing schools of thought on how best to approach the learning process, and everyone is completely in the tank for their own. I have no preconceived notions, or extreme loyalties, I just want to be smart.
aniceh is offline   Reply With Quote