View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 02:06 PM   #689 (permalink)
StangerGT
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2003 Mustang GT
StangerGT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by XwChriswX View Post
I would like to AutoX, for the thrill of it, but I'm useless without the set lines of a track. The cones thing just doesn't work for me and I'd miss a ton of them.
When I went out to fed ex field in the SCCA... we only had one guy really eff up the course... mostly, the track is well marked, i think i missed one cone the entire event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1adesofcha0s View Post
You never know until you try it. I had an instructor sitting with me and he'd point out the correct way around the cones if I started to do it wrong.
In AutoX... i didnt have an instructor =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
No, really - when SCCA runs competition AutoX, the modifications you have would put you in a class SO DIFFICULT, you'd get absolutely wrecked by Miata's running 305's up front and back hahaha.
heh, even my mods (at the time) put me into a class with a highly modified Lambo/Ferrari/Viper/Vettes...

I just ran against myself... really I was no where near the level to compete with even the "ok" guys in crappy 80s civics lolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by XwChriswX View Post
Oh no, I completely get that bit. Which is why I wouldn't run in that class.

So basically it's setup to the fact that you can't mod first, and grow into them?

I understand why YOU do what you do, and it makes complete sense... But there is another thought pattern here. Guess thats another reason why AutoX isn't for me.
What does it matter what group you are placed in? just take your track times, and if you want, compare it to friends, but really just race against yourself... the only way the "class" matters is if you want to compete for a trophy or something... and even with your karting experiance, you wont be even close to that.

I have a friend that refuses to go to HDPE because he feels its a waste of money to go racing, with someone in the car telling him what to do... he feels as though he should be able to spend the money to... RACE... which kills me. I told him he will just end up killing someone. He doesnt understand the learning part.

AutoX isnt about racing anyone... just race your own time or have a nice competition between friends... who cares about the mods/skill/other people. They sure as hell wont care about ur car... no matter what the mods done.

If you plan on staying in AutoX and running in their series, then yeah I get the car issue, but if all you plan on doing is using it as a step up into HDPE for the experiance... then go ballz out with your modded car and beat the bajesus out of it.
Maximum Motorsports Susp. | MM Adj. Rear LCA | MM CC Plates | MM Front Coilovers 350lb | MM Rear 500lb Springs | Full Cobra Brakes | FR 3.73 Gears | FR LSD/31 Spline | JPC/SCT Tune | MGW Short Shifter | Star Spec 265/35/18x9 F - 275/35/18x10 R | stock exhaust lolz
StangerGT is offline   Reply With Quote