View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 06:12 PM   #45 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatedZ View Post
Ok, so when using the paddles, it's much more "performance efficient" than letting the auto "do its thing." Good to know.
It's a case of the car being unable to read your mind and act accordingly. It takes an educated guess and it's fairly aggressive in that sense, so I'd say under normal/most conditions it's pretty good - though sometimes it shifts early and holds the gear on gradual accell, rather than bouncing back out if you get on it a bit.

But overall, in the traditional automatic sense - it does it's job pretty damn well, when using the paddles, it's perfect once you learn where the gears are best suited and how hitting the downshift pedal reacts at different speeds.

It's about as close as I'll ever get to a sequential double-clutch manaul, and it does fine for me.

Last edited by kannibul; 10-09-2009 at 06:14 PM.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote