View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 10:30 PM   #568 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by XwChriswX View Post
And this is where the different realm comes into play. I wouldn't drive the same with my car as I do out there because I don't know the limits of my car. With these, it is much easier to know the limits. And I do for the most part. That was a timing crunch, and the only "mistake" I made was actually touching the brake.

Because I was trying to pass you, I didn't take the turn as wide as I normally would because you were there, and the slower cars were there.

But even still, the black flag was used way too much.
Precisely. And you met and exceeded the limits of the kart, so this really is the same as an off-track excursion doing the real deal. In that situation, you'd be made to come back in to the pits, too. So I feel the black flag in this situation is appropriate.

Now, I don't know what others were getting flagged for - I'd love to see footage from someone who DID get flagged, like Josh, but he had no camera. I CAN tell you, however, that I was driving quite aggressively in my traffic management, and I never even got a hint of a black flag, so aggressive driving wasn't it. I never once bumped another car, nor did I ever lose control of my car.