View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 09:19 PM   #485 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by XwChriswX View Post
What gauntlet did I throw?

Yes I've karted plenty of times before, that's why I enjoy doing it.

How is it illogical? If the lighter person pushed more, they would have beaten me. So it's perfectly logical. So it's not A lightweight or B skill. It's a combination of Both.

I'm not saying weight doesn't matter at all. I'm saying that you point me out as being "lightweight" when there were lighter people that were not surpassing my times. So it's not Just about weight.

I would say Josh was around my weight class, and I assume with the events you guys have done, he has a lot more "racing/High performance" driving than me. Yes I know karting is a whole nother realm, but the same ideals still apply.

You could have then at any time.

Yes, most of the cars we ran had trap doors on the left side to add ballast. That's what all the super cool douches were doing in the racing suits so they were as close to equal weight as they could be.
So what you are saying is, I'm fatter than you, and on my very first time out karting EVER, I was only 1 second slower for my fastest lap, and showing consistent improvement every single time out?

Now I understand :-)

And yes, if the lighter person pushed more, they would have beaten you potentially, assuming their skill was up to snuff. But they didn't. Does that mean weight doesn't matter, however? Nope. You are making the assumption that just because we have done HPDE that we are automatically excellent kart drivers? Lol. ****, my first run, my best lap was only 70 seconds. Second? 66.87. Third? 64.6. Final? 64.1. Next session would be in the 63's, I promise you.

Your AVERAGE speed was a full 3 seconds faster than almost everyone your FIRST run.

What I just proved is, in only 4 runs, I was able to consistently drop my times each time out (both average, and fastest lap). THAT is where my HPDE came in handy.

This is about the same as us both hitting Shenandoah, with my experience against you fresh out for your first HPDE. Except you'd need to close the gap between you and myself for lap times and consistency within only 4 HPDE sessions. That is practically impossible and I'd never expect you to do it, nor would I say anything about it lol.

So what Steve and I are saying is, you are barking up the wrong tree here, and for now that black flag will just have to haunt you :-P

Sent from my Galaxy S3