View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 01:32 AM   #38 (permalink)
simota1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: solid red 370z 6mt
simota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanjay View Post
I just over a week ago ordered a large amount of JDM parts for my GFs Scion TC that I spent 2 days installing on, but in there was PWJDM's engine cover and radiator shroud. Same issues, different car model.

Radiator shroud
- Has fitment issues ever so slight, in reference to bolt line up, but nothing for me to complain too much about or have to drill or modify.
- Her hood now has a hard time closing, super tight, but that seems to be due to the fact that the thickness of the radiator support has increased due to the added carbon. Has a silicon gasket that overlaps onto the shroud, and now due to the increased thickness it has a hard time compressing, kinda hard to explain I guess. And now alot more strain on the hood latch cable.
- Clear coat looks pitted and slightly dull in some ares

Valve cover
-Fitment was again off ever so slight
-Didnt either come with new hardware, ie: nuts and washers, or they were designed to be used with the factory hardware, but had a manufacturing flaw and the holes were oversized. Had to source new chrome hardware to attached.
-Again poor clearcoat. Looks like tiny pits all over and dull in some spots.

Off-topic but she half our exhaust tubing, due to being a sigle exit, and the axle back was $500. Sounds great, welds are awesome, and the new exhaust hanger looks great.

Her sways, the front I had to detach the front lower sub frame, yeah not what I was expecting. PITA
the clear coat on the gelcoat on there cf is absolute crap... when i cleared it it always reacted... the body shop doing the clear coat gave up because it would "fish eye" no matter what the hell they did... my solution... i had to shoot it myself... i came up with the solution to shoot the clear at a very low PSI and shoot it as heavy as i could before it would run..... i never had this issue with ANY of my other cf parts... and i have a ton of cf on my z.....

***TOP SECRET/POWERHOUSE AMUSE/ARC/DAYTONA RACING/VARIS/MINES/GANADOR/J-LINE/WORK EMOTION CR KAI/GT SPEC/CARBON SIGNAL/ZOOM ENGINEERING/ CARBON FIBER ELEMENT/STILLEN/***
simota1 is offline   Reply With Quote