View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 12:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Charles
Base Member

Drives: 40th Anniversary
Charles is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Charles
Default Just Joined | 6 Month-Old 40th Anniversary :)

Before the Z, I had a 1999 WS6 Trans Am with Borla cutouts, a modified cam and ECU, and a swapped LS6 Z06 for the stock LS1. It was hard to see her go, but she went to a good home and I still get to see her often. Lots of memories are embedded in those 315 pieces of meat strapped to the rear end.

The best part is, I got the Z. I drove two and a half hours to Stuart, FL to purchase it because only six 40th Anniversary Editions were for sale at the time in the U.S. and the next closest one was in Alabama. The dealer led me around back where it was sitting and as soon as I saw it, I might as well as just been told yes after proposing to my true love. It was by itself in the middle of the lot, just sitting there, looking perfect. I felt like a giggity little school girl. I walked like I was on the Moon over to the Z, stepped inside, and just sat there for a good five minutes. I couldn't stop smiling and touching everything.

It's a lip-smacker.

I am just finding this site today and hope to get a lot out of it. Currently looking at exhausts. I don't want to rice it up, but I do want to "widen its stance" per-say. Hope to make some friends here. Maybe one day I'll find a 40th Anny in Orlando. I've yet to see one.

Cheers,
Charles
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote