View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 04:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mitco39
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th 370z
Mitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flywheel Chatter?

I want to run this buy you guys with lightened flywheels, I know they are a bit louder and everything but I dont think this is what I am feeling.

At slower speeds 0-40mph or so and usually while coasting it sounds like something making a ting sound on the exhaust (the only way I can describe it) I can feel it on my feet and feels like its coming from right around my feet. It almost feels like a suspension spring popping in and out of its socket if that makes sense. It is fairly loud from outside the car and it seems related to bumps in the road which makes me think its suspension related.

I pulled off all 4 tires and went through it all and everything seems tight, which makes me think it may be the flywheel. What I would say it feels like is a loose caliper rattling around on the disk (again checked all 4). The only thing I did not check was the front swaybar because of the splash shield. I guess its possible that a loose sway bar clamp could cause this.

Anyone ever have a similar issue?

Thanks in advance

Mitch
My Build --> http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...39s-build.html
Mitco39 is offline   Reply With Quote