Thread: Pad knockback
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 07:46 AM   #26 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbin09 View Post
yes, it isnt a loud clunk, but there is a sound. I think im going to take it to the dealership. Tell them the problem and ask them to diagnose what it is. At that point they will tell me, it is ______________ probably caused by the wheels you put on... like usual, then i will take it to a brake place to get it fixed. Im hoping on upgrading to someones used set of akebonos soon so maybe this will just get me more motivated.
On floating caliper setups like on the base model this can sometimes happen if the grease on the brake pads dries up. The pads hang-up for just a bit and then skip as they jump back out into position. A little lube on the backing plates and on the side edge usually does the job.
ChrisSlicks is offline   Reply With Quote