View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 06:30 PM   #713 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by XwChriswX View Post
Gale, were your (awesome) numbers pulled from a 4th gear dyno, or a 5th gear dyno?

I know you're supposed to dyno in 5th gear to get the 1:1 ratio, but some tuners do the tuning in 4th and never give you a 5th gear run just for "power numbers".

I need to give R/T a call and set up an appt for a tune check up and an alignment/corner balancing.

Congrats again on the outstanding kit (BP), awesome install/review (you), and tuning job (R/T).
Good question. I know the first run or two were 4th gear runs. Vince did mention running in 5th gear, but I can't remember when or if he did that. I assumed 5th gear runs.

They had a rough start of the day with a couple things at the shop and tuning ended up taking all day. By the end we were all exhausted. Vince and the guys still had a motor to reinstall for another customer coming from Canada the next day, they were starting that at 7pm. (Insane work ethic). Also to their credit, I arrived home to a message on my machine from Eric making sure we made it home ok and said if I had any questions don't hesitate to call them.

I'll give the guys at R/T a call next week and will confirm what gear was used.