View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 10:05 PM   #37 (permalink)
Mr&Mrs
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: RZ34
Mr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond repute

I ended up getting it for 84.00 from amazon, and I just got it today in the mail. So with the BlueTooth module I can stream music via (a2dp) I think its called? Im not a huge music buff so if I lose sound quality I wont care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit_Kaine View Post
Yep that's the right one. It's a lot cheaper at walmart than the iSimple gateway though. I payed full retail price for mine :S

It comes with the iPod cable and an Auxiliry input cable which is basically just a 3.5mm headphone jack that plugs into whatever has a headphone jack. So that will work. If you decide to add the bluetooth module you will have to give one up (only allows 2 inputs). The bluetooth module is $99, but you might decide to get it because it allows you to skip from the steering wheel and radio controls. With the auxilary you will have to use your tablet to skip, but you can control the volume from the steering wheel.
Dave you need to check out some of the guys that have hacked up the tablet and made it permanent. They solder into the factory buttons and run wires to their steering controls, and/or install roller wheels for control like a carputer. I do not want a permanent install though or I would have tried to go that route for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dembflyr View Post
I wanna see pics and video of this when you're done.

Also, there is already a set of wires tapped in behind the passenger outlet. That's where I had gotten power for my radar detector.
On another note I ordered the wrong Asus cable (it was late or early..) doh! Im going to try and lay everything out today or tomorrow and get back to removing the Bose deck Friday.