View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 11:40 AM   #75 (permalink)
Shamu
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Racecar
Shamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
This sort of reminds me of how the Z is treated on the S2000 forums. "It's too heavy." "It's too big." "It's not a real sports car."

Sure... but it's more powerful. It has more grip. It's more comfortable. It's more capable (performance, capacity, etc.)

Different strokes for different folks.
Very valid points from S2000 crowd. The Z's significant heft and poor front weight distribution are real issues that make it poor handling car in comparison to S2000. I have spent tons of money trying to get the 370 Z to handle better and its still in misfit toy category in my book. I still love it though.

Now lets talk about 3200 lb FWD econo car hatch called Focus ST. Ford blew it by not making ST an AWD similar to EVO and STI. At least then while it was heavy it would have some redeeming traction capabilities. They could have put that car on diet and had a real performer.

Ford fans are so desperate for something that resembles performance that they are going bananas over this porky FWD tuner. I mean can you blame them? Up to now the only real performance car they have had is Fred Flintsone Mustang with solid axle.

So what they end up with is fat sporty spice hatchback. Its a compromise car for people who like sporty spice in their lives. Its perfect mommy mobile for somone who wants sporty feel in their econo car. By no means a real performance sedan.

What will be even more amusing are guys who boost performace on these cars. What a waste!

I dont think you Ford faithfuls are going to convert me anytime soon but it is cute watching defend this car as if its something special.

Last edited by Shamu; 04-15-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Shamu is offline   Reply With Quote