View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 08:54 AM   #38 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
Of all the jacks in my garage, my favorite is: BendPak LR-60 Low Rise Lift, 6,000 Lb. Capacity
Quote:
Originally Posted by doda74 View Post
How much does that cost?
Depends on the reseller. If you search google there are many available resellers, and you may want to factor in shipping costs and such (esp residential delivery on liftgate, etc). All that said, most of the public retailer quotes are in the ballpark of $1500->$2000. Well worth it, IMHO, if you have a garage bay to dedicate to it. A stock Z gets on fine. If you're lowered, you'll want to make little ramps/platforms out of wood at the ends and then it still works fine. Super easy to work on the wheel wells on this thing, and you get good enough access to the front/rear to do oil changes, diff work, and suspension work. The only thing you can't really reach is the center area around the transmission. Max lift height is only around 2 feet, but it's still better than jacks and stands, and it's about all I can raise the car anyways in a standard-height garage.