View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 08:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
I'm taking the Zed to a body shop tomorrow (collision repair) for an estimate and I thought of something. All of the panels that need to be replaced and painted can be painted off the car. On my last car, they had to blend the paint to the rest of the car, but in this case, since the car is basically new, is this necessary? I bought the car in June but production month is February (factory paint is almost 8 months old). I wax it regularly.

I don't know, I guess I'm worried about them blending the new fender with a perfectly good door if it's not needed. Just wanted to get your thoughts. Is paint blending ALWAYS necessary? or is it just for old cars?
Yes, unless you want an obvious repair.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote