View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 10:10 AM   #57 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

This is what i know based off the only 2 videos review i've seen. both were european vids and I was really searching the Megane.

1. On the track, Megane is 1st, Focus ST is 2nd.
2. On the street, Focus is first, Megane is second.
3. The focus has the sickest exhaust on a Front driver
4. Styling is nice but boy-racerish, but by no means bad.

This is what i learned inspecting one at the dallas auto show.
1. It's a high quality vehicle, overall.
2. the center stack kinda looks like a transformers toy and takes away from the overall appearance.
3. The RECARO's were built in HEAVEN,seating perfection and extremely high quality, only gotten by recaro.
4. Shifter placement is perfect and love the high quality look and feel of the shifter.
5. I would consider buying one as a DD for sure.

And it's not bias, because i kinda don't like Ford in general. If i went domestic, i'd look in GM companies. But it is, what it is. The focus is nice.

Torque steer to that level is not good considering most japanese and european brands have conquered it well, while GM and ford are still torque-steer junkies. But some good suspension tuning can reduce it too...

I would like to push one to the limit. I don't mind FWD sporty for DD/aggressive driving..

May i add. US and Europe used to have two different models. Ford gave the cheap one to home while blessing foreigners with the real deal. Ford finally came to their senses and gave us the european focus. All those years of us without the "real" focus, and the focus had over a decade of awards. now we finally have the car that's rightfully ours. I'm just glad to see a FUN front driver out there. there used so many and hardly any RWD, now we're missing good FWD's and have enough RWD. So lets balance it out and make both plentiful.

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 04-13-2013 at 10:16 AM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote