View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 11:24 PM   #58 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post
Since this got bumped up ill ask a question.

How did you secure the boot to the shifter? I retained the stock shifter and just screwed it down but the top of the boot (the plastic piece) rattles against the shift shaft, I was thinking about just wrapping teflon or electrical tape around it. Just curious what (if anything) you did to keep this from happening.

Thanks

Mitch
I have the TWM shifter boot. It has less material than the stock one and also doesn't have the plastic ring. Having said that, I use a rubber O-ring to help hold the boot up. I have seen other guys cut the end off a pop bottle. I have seen pictures but can't remember what thread. Mr.Kenchan might know, I think he did that.