View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #56 (permalink)
Lug
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2006 350Z
Lug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to behold

I just had to......

The most significant take-away from this confrontation is the Fun to Drive line in our Final Results tabulation: Note how the ST topped the GTI by two points. Considering how long and how well VW has raced slot cars, that’s a colossal achievement. Something finally caught the GTI. Car And Driver

The numbers are impressive, without a doubt, but how the Focus gets around the figure-eight might be the most shocking. Apparently, nobody told Ford that high-performance, high-horsepower front-wheel-drive cars are supposed to suffer from terminal understeer. With any luck, no one will ever tell them, because the Focus ST is one of the best-handling front-wheel-drive cars ever built. Motor Trend

For now, the car to beat in the compact hot-hatch segment for all-around value and performance is the 2013 Ford Focus ST, hands down. Autoweek

Overall, though, we think the Ford Focus ST is one of the best options available in the hot-hatch market. Its drawbacks are quite minor compared to the amount of fun you'll have while driving, and with features typically unavailable from competitors, the Focus ST will feel as if it's worth much more than what you're actually paying. Edmunds

The Ford Focus ST is the first front-wheel drive car I would actually purchase with my own cash. Jalopnik

All have different strengths and weaknesses compared to their rivals and it seems Ford found the best blend. According to them, a study by Polk found the new Focus ST was the best sold hot hatch in Europe during the last three months of 2012. Considering awareness wasn't that high for this brand new car, the results are surprising. 44% of buyers chose it, compared to only 33% for the Golf GTI, a long time leader, and just 12% for the Megane RS. Autoevolution

But I wouldn't advise you to buy a Focus ST simply because it's better than the competition. I'd tell you to buy one because it is bound to be remembered as one of the decade's great cars, a thriller that deserves to be held in the same esteem as the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 and the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution. Think of buying a Focus ST as purchasing a bit of history -- except it's better, because history doesn't usually rotate when you lift off the accelerator. -- CarsAbout.com

The Vauxhall might be a couple of tenths quicker around the track, but for everyday, every-road driving, this must the best hot hatch on sale. In fact, it might be the best do-everything fast car in the world... Top Gear

Ford's new Focus ST is a starship amongst suborbital dinghies. It backs up its sci-fi looks with an EcoBoost engine that shreds time and space. It dominated every performance category in this test except observed fuel economy, and did so in a way that's both confident and entertaining. This is the new highperformance standard against which any other mass-produced car with a 4-cylinder engine will be judged.Road And Track

I could get serious and go find about 50 more if you really want!