Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #538 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

So, a couple good updates:

1) I got the ride height finalized on the JRZ's, at around ~1/2" lower than stock, today. Took the car for a pre-alignment test run on some twisty back roads around here, and it feels *amazing*. They're still set at full-stiff, and while that might not be very comfortable for any passenger, the car has tons of traction and even manages ripply pavement pretty well at that stiffness. I may back it down a few notches as a starting point on the track, but not much. The car feels so much more stable and predictable. Combined with the existing hotchkis sways, it's just damn near impossible to get the body to sway much on a corner anymore on the street. Also the nose movement on braking/accel stuff has a much smaller travel range now and the transition is so much easier.

2) I got a callback from Rick @ TDE today and a standby slot opened up for MSR-Houston this weekend in the Yellow rungroup, so I'll get to run these new coilovers on-track this weekend. I'm excited

I'm gonna leave the new APRacing brakes in their boxes for now. Between Real Life and alignment and misc track maintenance, I don't have time to put the brakes on before this weekend and be satisfied with testing and re-bleeding, etc. Too much risk. So they'll go on next week after I get back and get tested in May. I'm sure I'll have more to report on the JRZ RS1's after this weekend