View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 05:24 PM   #33 (permalink)
Equinox
Track Member

Drives: 06 Porsche Carrera S
Equinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
Correct. And it's not bench-racing...no one with a 6MT has yet to match or beat the times a few people with 7ATs have run. The quickest Zs thus far have shown to be automatics.

Perhaps as time goes on and more people make to a drag-strip providing more conclusive data. This will either disprove or further solidify this sentiment.

The break-in excuse is cute, although laughable. We still have yet to see baseline dyno-charts to compare, so I'm still curious to see where that 18 extra HP is. I'm guessing the ECU tuning and exhaust either does nothing or shifts the power around in the rev-range to effectively do nothing. The deficit in handling, both in terms of grip and slalom-speed, can definitely be explained by tires, but suspension-tuning also has a lot to do with it. Yes, I have a lot of faith in NISMO, but u can't just stiffen the suspension (careful...the suspension is stiffer, not the chassis) and automatically expect to have a better handling car. Throw in the fact that the Yokos perhaps don't perform up to the level of the RE050As and you have your answer.
as you can see in my signature, I only manage 274whp at 2000 miles.
'13 Subaru WRX STi | '06 Porsche 911 Carrera S (SOLD) | '96 Mazda RX-7 6.0L V8 RHD (SOLD) | '09 Nissan Nismo #0058 (SOLD)