View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 03:39 PM   #31 (permalink)
Equinox
Track Member

Drives: 06 Porsche Carrera S
Equinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant futureEquinox has a brilliant future

Let me start with, I have a NISMO.

I was not interested in the 370z when they first came out. I just didn't liek how they looked. The math, was great though, 350z plus some horsepower, bigger engine, wider, but shorter and lower. That is a great idea! I just didn't like the looks. Then the Nismo came out and fixed the looks problem, and I bought the NISMO 2 weeks later.

If I could have, I woudl buy a sport base model, and just put the NISMO body kit and spoiler on it, and just get some nice wheels- but everyone will tell you it's nearly impossible to get the NISMO body parts, and if you can, they are outrageously priced. Something like 5k for the bumper, 2k for wing, and so on. So I did the only option of a 370z with styling that I liked - I bought a NISMO.

Do understand though - the NISMO is a base sport with red stitching, nismo plate badge, nismo on the CLOTH seats and floor mats, a body kit all the way around, a spoiler, some nicer wheels, some marginally better springs and struts and lateral stabilizer, and engine cover. It is NOT a touring. The radio is a base model (But the radio is modular so you can take it out and put whatever you want) the seats are not heated or powered, and are CLOTH. There is not roll out hatch shade, you can't get it in blue or yellow. Also, you can't get factory nav. It is not a touring. It's a base with factory race parts from Nissan Motorsports.

As for the verdict. I LOVE IT. (I replaced the cloth seats and radio, lol)
'13 Subaru WRX STi | '06 Porsche 911 Carrera S (SOLD) | '96 Mazda RX-7 6.0L V8 RHD (SOLD) | '09 Nissan Nismo #0058 (SOLD)