View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #8852 (permalink)
alcheng
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 ZR PW w/Clutch
alcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
mr.alcheng- some diy info to read while you wait for product to arrive.

Installation 3M Clear Bra Paint Protection Tampa, FL

this store, i think (but best to check), only sells xpel. but from one of the xpel sponcers of this site, i think he mentioned that the self-heal ones end with a part number with -U.

so if you're into that stuff, you can try ordering from autopaintguard.

one thing to note though, the last xpel i did on my Z's rockers yellowed within 2yrs. it couldve been old stock, not sure. the xpel i did on a dark blue car in the past had no visible yellowing even after 6yrs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
oh, and one thing to note about clearbra install... it's normal to pull and stretch the bra a tad when doing the bumper. they will be pre-cut a tad shorter on purpose and you pull on it to reach the ends.

after a while, it's easier to just get a generic roll and cut as one applies it, and tuck the ends into the nooks or over the fender or bottom panels. just a fuller, cleaner install that way.
an Elite-rep has been presented..!!