View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 09:52 PM   #20 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatedZ View Post
Hi, this is my first post here, so just wanna say "hello" to everyone.

I'm shopping for a new sporty/sports car and it's come down to either a 370Z or a Mustang GT with the Track Pack; both manual transmissions.

I've been doing some research on 370Zs and I've read about some overheating issues during track use. Now, I don't plan on tracking my car, so this really isn't too much of a concern for me, but what is a concern is whether I'm going to be able to drive one like a sports car without running into issues; bombing around on back roads, hanging corners, blasting from corner to corner, etc. Just to clarify, it's doubtful that I'm going to be going full-throttle down twisty back roads, but I certainly want to "get on it." Am I going to need to worry about overheating?

Also, can anyone give me some pros and cons of the 370Z; what types of mechanical issues or quality issues that you've experienced, dealer treatment, any issues with warranties being honored, etc.?

Any help would be awesome. Thanks!
I'm not easy on mine, and I've yet to crack 260F, even when I was REALLY trying to get it over that mark to see what limp-mode is all about. After about 20 minutes of doing illegal 1-man street racing, I called it quits and went home, confident the car won't have any issues with oil temp.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote