View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 11:08 AM   #8018 (permalink)
blackcherry20
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: ‘17 badazz Z51
blackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurneyeagle View Post
Good morning mr. onzedge ms. bc, and all the sleepy heads still snoozing.

I can sympathize with you ms. bc and can only provide the advice you already know - just get past it and look forward to the fun things.

I'm in a similar situation at my office where I transferred from a staff in LA of 14 to an unexperienced staff of 6, and have played catch-up for two years now. Weekends, holidays and vacation time spent working.

At the end of the day (could be 10:00 pm sometimes), I still have my family, my friends, and my Z to look forward too!

It's good to vent, just don't let it consume you like I let it do me all the time. mrs gurney is a saint for dealing with me for 32 years.

Now that the pep talk is over - Come on EASTER!

Here's what is keeping me sane:

1. Easter trip to OK to se my cousin, her crazy fun husband and her baby;
2. Mecum auction is coming to Houston April 4 -6;
3. Nismo Fiesta in San Antonio April 12 - 14;
4. Trip to Boardwalk Resort at Disney World April 19 - 28;
5. Aeros and Autos May 11;
6. Indy Time Trials May 18 - 19;7. Indy 500 May 23 - 27;
8. ...and on and on..

In the meantime, I still have 60 - 70 hour work weeks to contend with, some that make me cringe just knowing what's coming up. I'll deal with it, just like I've always have, and continue to focus on the fun things. At least that's what I try to tell myself.

Have a great Easter all!
I love the INdy Time Trials....I hope Hubby and I can go this year again!
and 32 years! WOW!!
thank you too for the words of encouragement. I have had a frustrating week and I thougt my weekend was going to srat sooner reather than later...oh well. THe Z is sittign in the parking lot IN THE SUN!! yes. SUN!!