View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 08:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
Lone Wolf 75
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z PG 6M
Lone Wolf 75 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatedZ View Post
FWIW, the Mustang is not on my radar screen any longer. I still love it, and still think it's an awesome car, but the 370Z just makes more of a connection with me.
I also cross shopped the Mustang before I bought my 370Z about three months ago, and this was pretty much my reaction as well. The 370Z just felt like it was more of a technologically advanced sports car. The Mustang is also bigger, and to me it felt like a much bigger car.

I came from driving an '02 WRX. I will say that the 370Z is a much tighter car, the clutch in the WRX felt disconnected and rubbery as opposed to the crisp and engaging feel of the 370Z. It feels like you are in more of an enclosed cockpit too. I have 2500 or so miles in my three months of ownership.

As far as issues and non-issues:
-I had a "Service Engine Soon" light, due to improperly tightening the gas cap after filling up. I had to take it to the dealer to reset it, but this has been the largest issue thus far.
-Oil level is at about 3/4 between the low and high mark and has been that way since 500 miles.
-I've never seen an oil temp higher than 210 deg F.
-I found that if you adjust the mirrors just right that when cars are in your blind spot you can see them in the mirror up until the point that you begin to see them peripherally out of the windows.
-The car handles fine in the rain as long as you take it easy and understand/respect that you are driving on wet surfaces and the rules of dry pavement no longer apply.
-If you happen to go to a festival/event and you have to park in the grass and it just so happens to pour down rain, make sure there are no hills or you have three good friends to help you push.
-The chin spoiler is low, and I have scraped it considerably. This is probably due to the fact that I got too used to the high clearance of the WRX.
-Adjusting from a four door with a trunk to a two door hatchback has not been as drastic of an adjustment as I thought it would be.
Lone Wolf 75 is offline   Reply With Quote