View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 07:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
RatedZ
Base Member

Drives: 94 Camaro, 05 STi
RatedZ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to RatedZ Send a message via Yahoo to RatedZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DooDooBrown View Post
Hey man,
I just recently purchased my 370Z, I live in Ranson, WV, and I have to say that I am happy with the car. Something that you have to remember is that a lot of people on this form either rag on their cars an insane amount, or they absoultly freak out over the smallest things. I have known of 370's going to Summit Point for Friday At The Track, and I have yet to hear of any problems. I too tear up some of the back roads around the area, and I have to say in the Z, it is one of the most rewarding feelings I can get. As far as overheating, I have yet to experance the temps reach above 260*. The manual says that it will go into an engine protect mode at 280*. I wouldn't worry about it. I think honestly, it is an issue that has gotten a lot of hype, some warrented, some of it not. I tear up back roads on a weekly basis, and have never had a problem.
I would watch out for oil consumption. This is something that I have noticed/caught early on. My Z had a little over 2500 miles on it, and I was already adding a quart of oil to it. I have done some research, and am not really that worried about it (dont see any oil spots, and I know the car has oil), I am writing it off as a break in period. The Z is my daily driver, and it is a very comfortable car.
I purchased my car from Hamilton Nissan in Hagerstown, MD. The guys there are decent, however, I am begininng to have questions about their customer service. I called to inquire upon the oil consumption issue, left 3 messages, and never heard anything back. That to me has no excuse. I had to call two seperate Nissan Dealerships (who linked me right to a mechanic) in order to get an answer. The best deals around, in my personal opionion, can be found at Criswell Nissan, in Germantown, MD. They had Hamilton beat by nearly 1500, but I just had to have the Platinum Graphite. Other than that, I would say test drive both, and see which one you prefer. Hope this helps!
My first stop this morning was Hamilton. They didn't have any on the lot, but they said they were having one trucked in for someone picking it up from Morgantown. I asked when they had a few coming in because I'd like to take one out, and the reply I got was, "just come in tomorrow and see how you like it. You can't drive it because it's someone else's car, but come check it out." They didn't seem the least bit interested in my business.

I was a bit chuffed, but I figured I was halfway to Frederick, so I stopped at Frederick Nissan (?). I was promptly greeted, and within about a minute of being in there, I was offered a test drive. I didn't even have to ask. The salesman (Dave) was courteous, professional, and did not try to hard-sell me. I let him know I was cross-shopping other vehicles and he still did not pressure me to make a decision. Frederick Nissan will be getting my business.

Thanks for the info on the oil consumption issue you're having. I'm sure that prior to purchase, I'll probably do a bit of lurking around here to learn a little bit more about the car. Everybody's been real cool here.

BTW, if you see a blue/gold STi with the plate, "RATEDZ1," or a really loud Aqua-Metallic 1994 Camaro with the plate, "RATEDZ," throw me a wave.