Thread: Road Noise
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 04:39 PM   #57 (permalink)
b15
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 4drz
b15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice59 View Post
Exactly. I've never had a problem with road noise unless I was literally on a noisy road, if that makes sense. You can hear it...sure, but as far as horrendous, lol that might be taking it a little over the top.
Here's the thing, what's acceptable road noise is all relative. I know that my tires have a big play in it, but I've also come to terms that summer tires are going to be noisy. There's a difference between mechanical noise from an intake or exhaust and just plain road noise. The majority of the roads I drive on are concrete and you literally have to yell at your passenger when going down the highway at 70mph. That, to me, is horrendous. With an exhaust or intake, I can control the noise the car makes...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for anything near g37 quiet, I'm just looking to tone it down and eliminate some of the "hollowness". BTW my car is 100% stock. Adding 30-35lbs of sound deadening is OK with me. I'll take that over putting the mushy DWS on my Z. (Had them on my Altima and hated the soft sidewalls. they were quiet though)
b15 is offline   Reply With Quote