Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 07:58 PM   #531 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

What are you running for rear pads?

I know on the stock setup I liked to bias the compounds a bit. I also really like the feel and bedding and whatnot on these CL-brand pads, but CL's low-end compound I was using in the rear (RC5+), they don't make it for the larger APRacing rear. And RC8 is just too aggressive given I'm still on street tires, I think, in the front. So I think my first pads experiment will be RC6 front and RC6E in the rear, which are only marginally different in bite/friction characteristics from each other:

If that doesn't work out (rear locking up too quick), then I may just have to go RC8 on the front and learn to use hardcore brakes on shitty street tires without hitting ABS all the time