Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 07:46 PM   #529 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Bit the bullet and ordered a BBK, because I'm tired of trying to diagnose whatever keeps going wrong with my calipers or whatever the case may be. I went with Stillen's AP Racing kit (just the rotors, calipers, brackets, but not their pads and SS lines, which I'm sourcing separately because they don't offer what I want). I'm still waiting on pads to arrive, but I went ahead and tested fitment (I mean, you can hear things and measure things, but it's always nice to get a physical confirmation after the parts arrive), and everything fits perfectly.

The calipers are just amazing. By far the most well-built looking things I've ever seen. The bracket's pretty solid too, and everything's super light.

Pics:

Front Caliper + Bracket:

Testing fitment, just hand-tightening everything with no pads installed:

Test fit worked, but check out how small the clearance is on 18" Forgestar F-14's. If those wheel weights were stuck on an inch further to the inside, they'd rub the caliper:

I can't wait to put this on the car, but for now I'm held up while Essex orders some CL pads in the right shapes. Odds are good between that and me going out of town the first week of April, this stuff won't get installed until April 8th or later.