View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 06:55 AM   #2731 (permalink)
StangerGT
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2003 Mustang GT
StangerGT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmhenderson View Post
Currently I have the akebono bbk and stock nismo rotors whatever those are (would assume they're the same as sport).
The kit will be great... (i installed a cobra kit on mine). But rob still had me swap out the pads and fluid...

Without the proper fluid, it will start to boil, and cause brake fade after a few laps. The pad compound may will also overheat. I would guess you're rotors are fine. The reason I stated the rotors though, is becaused drilled and slotted could start to crack under high heat.

I think most companies put "track" brake packages on the car (big calipers and rotors), but give them steet pads as they assume most wont be hammering the brakes as much. I wouldnt want to drive around town with track pads either... they work better when the heat up... and can make alot of noise when cold... and can produce lots of dust.

Also its nice to have an extra set of pads for track, as it will keep your street pads in good condition.

FWIW... i autoX'd on reg pads, GT brakes, and reg brake fluid... and I am not experianced in it at all, but it seemed to be ok. HPDE are different though, much faster speeds, and harder braking.

Mightybobo (rob) is far more educated on this then I am though... he would know the best setup for you. I just do what he tells me

I'm sure Steve knows a lot too.
Maximum Motorsports Susp. | MM Adj. Rear LCA | MM CC Plates | MM Front Coilovers 350lb | MM Rear 500lb Springs | Full Cobra Brakes | FR 3.73 Gears | FR LSD/31 Spline | JPC/SCT Tune | MGW Short Shifter | Star Spec 265/35/18x9 F - 275/35/18x10 R | stock exhaust lolz

Last edited by StangerGT; 03-22-2013 at 06:58 AM.
StangerGT is offline   Reply With Quote