View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 08:35 PM   #2706 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khoi@AAMComp View Post
You can't go wrong with the z1 34 row (w/ the thermostatic plate). I think it comes to $598? This is what's going on Kevins car in a few days here

I highly recommend getting the thermostatic plate upgrade, this way your oil isn't "overcooled" and can get up to optimal operating temps for best lubrication
Make sure you make a block off plate for him. The 34 row will pretty much overcool the oil unless you're driving it hard in the summer or on the track. DD'd my Z in the summer with it and couldn't even get temps up to 180 with normal driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwest2300 View Post
Because the 13s have them, and Im going for longevity here, thinking ahead.. like being stuck in traffic, and its 100 degree outside..
I'm gonna be honest with you Dee, just listen to what I tell you. You absolutely do not need an oil cooler in this area unless you track your car. Even with 100 degree heat and heavy traffic, my temps never reached the point where an oil cooler was necessary. The only time I got close outside of the track was the one cruise we did in the summer when it was like 100 degrees. Even then, I shifted up 1 gear and was ok in a couple mins. An oil cooler for you would be a complete waste of money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
Marlon is coming tomorrow to replace my windshield.
Marlon Wayans?
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote