View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
Pintsize725
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2016 Mazda 6
Pintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
I would call corporate or someone & find out if they have a standard for painting parts. Meaning if they paint how much blend or minimum distance are they required to go?
I was told for a scratch on a door that is within 5 inches of another body panel they will have to blend the next panel 5 inches in, in Houston at a dealership.
Called corporate who just put me in touch with a local shop that I didn't use. There is no set standard they use, it just goes based on paint color and areas requiring the match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by new370 View Post
At my shop if I was doing the good n blending into the fenders I would also just do the top edge but at the same time if that chip was there I would have fixed it since there is plenty of room to repair n blend. Is it definitely a chip I ask because with white if the panel isn't perfectly clean when blended n cleared your going to see it. From the pictures it kind of looks like a dirty finger print or smudge that wasn't cleaned and noticed and now that it's cleared it's pronounced n noticeable
So would I be able to claim that they didn't follow through with the proper cleaning procedure prior to clearing the entire thing again?

The guy told me if it spreads, they will "take care of it." To which I asked, does that mean I can come back for a quote or will it be covered under my warranty? He told me to take the painter's word as it will be covered but I have a feeling this is the beginning of a bigger battle.