View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 04:34 PM   #31 (permalink)
Akmcmahon
Base Member

Drives: 13 370Z Mag Black M6
Akmcmahon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by antennahead View Post
I have a Z4 M roadster, absolutely ZERO in common with your description. What did you drive, a 2.5, 3.0? The "M" roadster is a monster............ 2/10s of a second slower around the Top Gear track than the Gallardo........... Stig at the wheel both cars. I wouldn't trade mine for anything short of a Lambo or Ferrari spider. Add Euro headers and a tune and it jumps to about 375HP.

It wasn't an M version. That's like comparing the M3 to a 330i. So there's going to be a noticeable difference between what I drove and the M you mention. I don't know which version it was. It's a friend of a friends car and he let me take it for a spin. When I refer to sloppy feeling clutch and steering wheel, it's just that. The steering wheel is very loose and smooth. Provides no feedback and feels like I'm driving a Buick. The clutch is also very smooth and soft, softer even than my F150. It was hard to feel the engagement point. It handled well, but not nearly as well as my Z. And before anyone jumps out with an apples to apples comparison, the BASE Z4 is going to cost you $50K. So I don't feel I need to use an M version as a comparison. It's a sporty roadster even in base trim.
Akmcmahon is offline   Reply With Quote