View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 10:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
gomer_110
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '11 Nismo #528 GM
gomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr&Mrs View Post
Wow.....look at all the sensor points ( I think ) on that thing. This pad is like the VVEL of weight sensors
I believe the sensor points are just piezoresistive based load cells. Assuming I'm right, making a switchable airbag box (on/off) would simple be a matter of replacing the sensor points with 2 resistors. One set of resistors would be "Off" and the other set would be "On".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr&Mrs View Post
I plugged my pad and seatbelt back in without soldering in the 4.7ohm resistors. I thought doing it that way I would not have to.
The 4.7 ohm resistors have to be used to simulate the airbag itself. Without it the system knows the airbag is missing and as a result generates a error.
'11 370Z Nismo #528 Fast Intentions | Stillen | Motordyne | Uprev | CSF | Zspeed | Z1 Motorsports | AST | Swift | SPC | SPL | Whiteline | Hotchkis | Bride | Schroth | Robispec | Cusco | Nismo | Volk | Forgestar | Hoosier | RJM
'17 Titan Bone Stock
gomer_110 is offline   Reply With Quote