View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 10:09 PM   #5478 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isamu View Post
Ken making a come back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
Hope you get your Dinoc soon! Hey, are you running stock speakers? Was that the 6 disc Bose system? I'm intrigued. A direct swap that allows you to use steering controls AND uses the same wiring harness? Sh!t yeah!

Edit: Answered my own question: You had the DVD unit. I still wonder if it uses the same harness as the Bose 6 disc.
im using the base stereo speakers on my car. pioneer's EQ is very capable so even the stock flimsy speakers sound pretty good.

you will need a different harness for running with the bose, if you intend to keep the bose system speaker and amps. ive not looked into it in detail, but i think you use the metra/scosche harness that use RCA in's. if so, you will want a hu that has pre-amp out with at least 3V, 4V ideal. pioneers usually have 4V outs, but just make sure the spec before you buy.

my G has the bose system with polks that i installed, running AVH4100DVD with 4V outs. sounds and all steering controls work on that car as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
Hello everyone. It was a tough day today here in Long Beach. We all said good-bye to my Dad at a memorial we held at his church. I was holding it together for the last couple of weeks since his passing, but today -- Geesh. There were about 170 people there which was a tribute to his popularity amongst his friends. When we all sang the Navy Hymn I was getting very choked up, but then when the bugler played Taps, that was it for my composure. He was a great man and will be greatly missed by many.
a big salute to your dad, mr. onzedge!