View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 11:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Reaper42
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: GetLucky370
Reaper42 is a splendid one to beholdReaper42 is a splendid one to beholdReaper42 is a splendid one to beholdReaper42 is a splendid one to beholdReaper42 is a splendid one to beholdReaper42 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chknhawk View Post
Brake ducts more important than CAI airflow? Can the ducts be routed to both brakes and CAI? My CAI sit right in front of the tires encaged in plastic (but I have removed the side brackets and bumper cutouts so that air can get in there). I am guessing that as long as I am running on the track and the CAI are in front of the car then they should get enough airflow.

P/S cooler just a hot swap item? Can I just get a bigger cooler and plug it in? (increasing the fluid I assume as well)

Oil cooler - 19row? 24row? what size is needed vs. what size everyone else wants to get. I am guessing 24 row minimum is optimum but will a 19 do it on the track?
CAI airflow? if you have one of the good CAI systems then the whole point of that system is that it is placed where there is cooler/better airflow. This just gives slight power increase and is by no means necessary for track use. In fact most of the Nismo RC race cars run with the stock, boxed air intakes if im not mistaken.

Brake cooling on the other hand IS a necessity for track use, as well as pads and racing brake fluid.

Z1 motorsports and Stillen both make simple PS cooler swaps that arent expensive.

Oil cooler. Honestly I truly recommend anyone that plans to constantly bring their cars to track days to get a 34 row cooler. Its the only cooler that truly brings the oil temps down to where they are suppose to be. But problem is if you DD your car and live in cooler climate areas you will need to let the car warm up a lot and also install a block off plate.
Reaper42 is offline   Reply With Quote