View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 08:56 PM   #1064 (permalink)
LunaZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Project: a white one
LunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rts_kaneda View Post
To be honest I do not know that much about photography either, all I've picked up about night photography is that if you make your aperture as low a number as possible (I normally have it between F3.5-F5), and then have a play around with different settings of manual exposure (whilst using a tripod) you will get quite crisp colours and edges so very little work will need to be done on Lightroom (what I use).

I'm not skilled enough yet unfortunately to find a location and instantly know what level of manual exposure is needed. But in the past without changing the aperture I would need to take 5-10 second photos and there would be a lot of grain. Since altering that setting first, the pictures are between 1/3 - 3 seconds to take (battery life goes a hell of a lot further too now) with little to no grain.

Hopefully this info can help you guys out too.

Don't forget you can use a reasonably higher ISO combined with a wide aperture to achieve a faster shutter speed.
Longer shutters will give you more noise.
Lr's noise reduction is pretty good at cleaning up your images.
One other thing to thing to think about is metering on the right spot.

2009 370Z Sport/Touring/Navigation | see my journal for mods
facebook: Be my friend... or not.
LunaZ is offline   Reply With Quote