View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 08:28 AM   #559 (permalink)
italy3541
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014BMW Z4 35isdrive
italy3541 has much to be proud ofitaly3541 has much to be proud ofitaly3541 has much to be proud ofitaly3541 has much to be proud ofitaly3541 has much to be proud ofitaly3541 has much to be proud ofitaly3541 has much to be proud ofitaly3541 has much to be proud ofitaly3541 has much to be proud ofitaly3541 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to italy3541

so iv been reading everything thats going on i n here and its some good lol's... in all seriousness guys.. everyone is running almost the same mods. the hp difference will be minimal in the cars that are going to race.. what it will come down to is the driver.. iv been drag racing since i was 16 and i can tell you that the key to a good time are as follows.. 1. launch. the most important.. without a good one ur time will be bad. 2. shift points. this is also important because missing a shift will kill time, also knowing what rpm is the best to shift at.. it isnt always at redline for best result.. it takes many runs to determine where the best shift point is, in some of my past cars i saw best times shifting 200-300 before redline. im not saying thats the case in the z im saying that you have to learn the car to run the best time.. now if ur running a automatic then again you will have to learn when to use ur paddles to shift etc.. what im trying to say is going back and forth when the cars are almost the same is pointless.. it will come down to who is the better driver. people always say that drag racing is easy, compared to track raceing it is.. but there is still talent involved with it and learning your car is key to running a good time. you dont just dump the clutch n floor it. sorry for the rant but fighting back and forth about whos car is faster when they are almost the same is pointless.. the argument should be who is the better driver because that is what it would come down to..
italy3541 is offline   Reply With Quote