View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #101 (permalink)
gomer_110
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '11 Nismo #528 GM
gomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpax View Post
PM me your address I can pull mine out and send it ... sold my driver side seat but the pax side is just sitting in the garage collecting dust. Would take me a day or so to get it out of there (the pad) and mail it. Would I get it back ?
The plan would be to remove the white and black fabric off both sides of the pad to be able to follow the circuit traces. Would also need to scrub off the plastic covering off the traces at various spots to be able to take readings.

Assuming I'm right about the way the sensor is designed I would envision a small box containing the original control module, additional wiring, and a switch to enable/disable the airbag.

As far as getting it back: if it works then absolutely, if I can't figure it out then I'd still get it back to you the only thing would be that the fabric on both sides would be removed and the mat would have some exposed circuit traces on it.

Let me know if you're still interested.

Also just came across this: BMW & MB SRS Emulator. Obviously it's not spec'ed for our cars but for $20 it might be interesting to give it a shot and see what happens.
'11 370Z Nismo #528 Fast Intentions | Stillen | Motordyne | Uprev | CSF | Zspeed | Z1 Motorsports | AST | Swift | SPC | SPL | Whiteline | Hotchkis | Bride | Schroth | Robispec | Cusco | Nismo | Volk | Forgestar | Hoosier | RJM
'17 Titan Bone Stock
gomer_110 is offline   Reply With Quote