View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 06:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dwight Frye
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 Tour/Sport/6MT
Dwight Frye will become famous soon enough
Default Joined The Rear Ended Club Today

This morning I was sitting at a red light and all of a sudden BAM ! Some woman behind me must not have had her foot on the brake hard enough and rolled into me.
I motioned her to follow me and we went around the corner to a parking lot to inspect the damage. Luckily she wasn't rolling very fast and I only have about a 3" crack in the bumper below the license plate above the fog light lense. And luckily she was driving a new Mercedes E500 and had insurance or I really would have been pissed. I called her insurance company and mine as well. Don't know if they will have to replace the whole plastic rear end cowling or Bondo and repaint but I'm going to ask for a rental car while mine is in the shop.
Grrrr.....
This reminded me of a lesson that I learned in Driver's Ed class back in the days of Muscle Cars and 8 Tracks: If you can't see where the tires of the vehicle in front of you are touching the pavement, you are too close. That habit kept me from being pushed into the car in front of me and would maybe have prevented her from rolling into my car.
Glad it wasn't worse is all I could think. About 50% of the accidents in CA are caused by illegals or deadbeats with no insurance and I would have been looking at a $500 deductible.
Dwight Frye is offline   Reply With Quote