View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 10:46 AM   #25 (permalink)
cheshirecat
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N54 135i
cheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond repute

It's true that electric cars, at this point in time, are "boring" compared to vehicles with more mechanical bits that people can play with, hence my comment about electric cars being perfect for commuters.

I don't feel that electric technology as it exists right this very second does justice to the prospective advantages the technology has to offer.

As battery weight and size comes down, efficiency goes up, and charging times are reduced, the pluses and minuses of staying with a fossil fuel vehicle versus a hybrid or pure electric will become more even. Right now, I wouldn't consider buying anything other than a petrol-powered sports car.

However, the future is in battery-powered tech. That's just the reality of the situation, and I'm excited to see all the advances that will come out over the next few decades.
cheshirecat is offline   Reply With Quote