View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #20 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
It's actually a much-improved transmission over the 5AT, there's some technical whitepapers out there from Jatco (the mfg of both). Mostly it's about improvements to the shifting speed/firmness, the downshift rev matching, and the full lockup stuff. For a fluid-drive true auto, it's really one of the best units out there. It's almost good enough to be a poor man's DCT/PDK type thing (which is what I used it for), but obviously a real DCT would be better.

6 and 7 are definitely cruising overdrive. Even 5th doesn't have a lot of umph, and I'd call it an "overdrive" too at the 7AT's rear end ratio, although if you plan to be full in the throttle past ~120mph you'll need to accelerate in 5th as well.

I agree... but im not seeing the improved mileage... period. So they didnt achieve that. extra gears didnt help.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote