View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 09:45 PM   #244 (permalink)
98intrigue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Viper
98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 98intrigue

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaleForce View Post
Here's an idea for you...

I'll never get tired of that picture!

An update: I went to the machine shop yesterday...marking 2 weeks since I got confirmation the installer was going to cover all the parts costs. NOTHING had been done since. I called the machine shop about 8 times in 2 weeks and never got a solid answer, so I finally showed my face.

Apparently, the installer had yet to give the machine shop money to order the new parts (crank, timing cover, oil pump, bearings, etc.). I called the installer right away as I was standing next to the owner of the machine shop. "I was waiting for the machine shop to call me" the installer says...what a load of ****.

The machine shop hadn't ordered my parts for my heads/cam build because they needed 50% payment up front...even though I asked how the payment will work when I told them I wanted to go this route and they said to pay in the end.

Either way, I paid more than half yesterday up front so they can order my cam, oversized valves, springs, retainers, etc. I should be looking at 600-650whp when the build is complete The machine shop said they'd call the installer to get payment so they can order the parts for the rebuild. I called today to confirm they received payment, but they must have already left for the day.

They said it will take roughly 2 weeks to source all the parts since the crank and timing cover will be coming from Arrow Racing in Michigan. Then another 2 weeks to get the headwork complete. So I'm hoping only another month. ...keep in mind the motor blew on November 17th.